Overall time spent on social networks rose 37% –
- The average woman spent 18 hours and 20 minutes per month on Social Networks
- Men spent about 13 hours
The biggest social net-workers?
- Those ages 18-24 who spend more than 21 hours each month on social networks, followed by the 25-34 age group at more than 20 hours.
Social Media on the Toilet?
- 28% of those ages 25-34 are bathroom social networkers, as are 15% of those ages 35-44.
- Nearly one-third (32%) of the heaviest adopters of social networks – those ages 18 to 24- connect with sites such as Facebook and Twitter in the bathroom.
- Both sexes are equally likely to use social networks in the bathroom, with 14% of them saying they do.
Top social-network site Facebook actually saw a slight decrease in users – down 4% to 152.2 million users on PCs – but time spent on the site rose 23%.
Overall, Facebook accounts for 17% of all time that Internet users spend online
On the rise: Pinterest, the fourth-most-popular social-networking site based on time spent, behind Tumblr and Twitter – and the sixth-most-popular based on users (27.2 million) behind Blogger, Twitter, WordPress and LinkedIn.