1. The kids ate all the junk food.
2. I’m not planning anything special, don’t get your hopes up.
3. Your hair looks different . . . I meant ‘good’ different. You haven’t had anything done?
4. Don’t worry, I know everything will work out.
5. I really like spending time with your family.
6. Your makeup looks great today.
7. I don’t mind that you’ve gained weight, and I still find you just as attractive.
8. I’m not drunk, I just had a couple beers.
9. You’re right to be this upset, I can’t believe she would say that to you.
10. I’m fine.