Research compiled by — British coupon site called VoucherCodes
- The average person spends $2,006 a year on takeout food
- The average takeout meal costs about $14
- That’s 12 meals a month, which costs $167
Men eat more takeout than women?
- Guys have 151 meals a year, compared to 126 for ladies
50% aged 25 and 35 say they don’t have the time to cook at home
- That’s why they spend $4,000 a year on takeout . . . twice as much as people over 45.
- Chinese food is the most popular choice for takeout 25%